Analytical and solutions-oriented IT executive and business operations specialist with 21+ years of experience guiding teams through complex integrations to improve efficiency of state-of-the-art systems on time and under budget. A big-picture, high-concept driver with proven expertise improving business processes and breaking things down in a straightforward manner. Noted project management expertise, hands-on technical acumen and business analysis skills to define corporate objectives and project scope. Successfully bridges the communication gap among business and technology groups.
|▪ Business Analysis & Requirements Gathering||▪ Process and Performance Improvement|
|▪ Project Scope & Management||▪ Team Building & Communication|
|▪ Software Implementation & Integration||▪ Solution Development Lifecycle (SDLC)|
Jeff managed the Dallas IT staff and is a highly respected and capable leader. I would highly recommend Jeff in any endeavor that he might undertake.
IT Manager, Docucorp International
Jeff assumed the role of IT team lead in all company moves and handled each with skill and professionalism.
Director of Human Resources, Docucorp International
Jeff is a great manager and very supportive of his teams career goals and overall success. I am confident he will be a tremendous asset to any organization.
Senior Network Admin, Docucorp International
Jeff is a strong leader who communicates well across departments. His IT team was always streamlined and performed at an exceptional level.
-Human Resource colleague, Skywire Software (Docucorp)
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS (M&A)Led and coordinated multiple post-merger and acquisition IT related activities, resulting in successful integration of companies.
STRATEGIC PLANNING Collaborated with senior leadership to identify long- term IT initiatives.
TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS Proven ability to construct effective technology solutions addressing diverse business complications.
EMPLOYEE MANAGEMENT Implemented new hiring procedures for the IT Department, increasing staff quality.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT Led multiple IT projects delivering all projects on time and under budget.
HARDWARE/SOFTWARE ANALYSIS Evaluated and recommended software and hardware upgrades focused on increasing productivity and system availability.
SECURITY AND FIREWALLS Managed firewall implementations delivering increased security for client data and intellectual property.
TOOLS/AUTOMATION Developed pilot database application to track monthly forecast against budget to increase the forecast accuracy.
DISASTER RECOVERY Designed and tested initial disaster recovery procedures for key systems, reducing downtime resulting from system failure.
SIGNATURE CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
INTEGRATIONS Completed multiple M&A and IT integrations on schedule with minimal impact to the business. Coordinated infrastructure connectivity between companies with no disruption to current infrastructure. Led mail system integration between companies to one hosted mail system with minimal disruption to employee emails. Coordinated with Human Resource to maintain data integrity and security during personnel changes.
COST SAVINGS Saved Oracle (then Docucorp) $3M by completing data center upgrade and supervising operations including: replacing key servers in data center with more reliable hardware; implementing new policy regarding hardware requirements; upgrading core network infrastructure; evaluating Information Technology (IT) personnel.
MULTIPLE OFFICE RELOCATIONS AND EXPANSIONS Attended regular construction meetings with general contractor to monitor project on 10 office relocations and 3 office expansions. Liaised with all project vendors. Organized move so production servers and communication links had minimal downtime.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES Coordinated with outside audit firms to create new policies and procedures for Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) based on the Control Objectives for Information and related Technology (COBIT ) framework and implement within one year. Developed process for ITIL implementation.
EMAIL SYSTEMS STABILITY AND RELIABILITY Led initiative to upgrade hardware on Exchange Servers. Acquired active monitoring system to send alerts when Exchange system became unstable. Increased e-mail system availability to 99% up-time. Implemented additional antivirus and spam filters, reducing virus outbreaks by 99% and spam by 75%.
IMPLEMENTATION OF NEW HELP DESK TRACKING SYSTEM Researched several help desk systems and created proposal for implementation which eliminated multiple resources working on single task. Help desk system provided more accurate audits of workstations, eliminating unauthorized software installations which led to increased productivity.
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT Responsible for the Global IT Risk Management Budget and Forecast as the Business Operations Manager. Co-led the development, implementation and administration of financial services and programs to Operations Management with a team of seven. Provided counsel and assistance on related matters, and ensured the provision of appropriate financial information, procedures, and controls in support of day-to-day business decisions. Implemented improvement to financial processes in conjunction with the company IT process model.
ORACLE, Texas and Georgia – 1994 to Present
21 years experience through Oracle’s acquisitions of Skywire, previously Docucorp.
SENIOR PRINCIPAL BUSINESS OPERATIONS SPECIALIST AND SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
Executed all Financial Management processes for the Global IT group, utilizing global multicultural business experience. Awarded MVP of IS Department for integration efforts. Consistently exceeded expectations on all annual reviews going back to original hire date.
- Directly manage $8.3M ($1.8M capital) and indirectly manage a $361M budget ($67M capital).
- Exceeded budget expectations each quarter and improved forecasting accuracy and efficiency. Reaching these benchmarks has allowed reorganizations with streamlined approval process.
- Led post-acquisition integration of IT after the Oracle acquisition of Skywire; and-post acquisition integration of IT after Skywire Software acquired Docucorp International.
- Promoted to Associate IT Manager of Docucorp with relocation to Georgia after the merger of Image Sciences and Formmaker Software. Cooperated with Docucorp Sr. IT Manager during integration.
- Integrated mail and outsourcing through merger and corporate restructuring.
- Coordinated with Human Resources on personnel changes during restructuring to maintain data security and integrity.
- Managed infrastructure organization and IT Staff at multiple locations responsible for IT Operations, including end user support, remote support, network, firewall and on-call support.
- Directed multiple hardware/software installs and upgrades resulting in improved network performance, server reliability, performance and capacity. Workstation upgrades numbered 50+/year, server upgrades 20+/year.
- Implemented multiple backup/recovery processes and systems across the company minimizing the risk of data loss; decreased the time to recover on key systems.
- Liaised with external insurance and utility related customers to ensure successful data transfers.
- Led Migration to Microsoft Exchange Servers, resulting in increased mail capacity, and availability.
- Recommended new process to validate charges against cost centers as a result of a performed audit, identifying $2M in budget overages.
- Developed tools to track forecast against budget for all of Global IT.
- Collaborated with Internal Business Partners, CIO and Global IT Senior Leadership on monthly, quarterly and ad hoc presentation of financial information to Oracle’s executive team.
- Developed and documented, with the IT Director, the Strategic Business Plan for Global IT at Docucorp.
- Developed process for the ITIL implementation (ITIL Foundation Certified), including Strategic Business Planning Process and the Financial Management Process. Assisted Process Manager with design, documentation and socialization for the Financial Management process, which included leading meetings to present the process to various departments. Implementation of the process increased transparency and reporting of IT Financials.
- Designed and implemented new policies and procedures for SOX Compliance for internal IT Controls. Implementation of these Internal Controls brought us into compliance with Federal Laws, as well as passed first SOX audit by an external audit firm.
- Developed and maintained high level business continuity plan, specifically for IT and all corporate servers, firewalls and routers. Developed, tested and documented procedures for each device; determined the priority of the servers to restore; developed a plan to bring servers online for both on-site and offsite locations.
PHASEWARE, McKinney,Texas – 2005 to 2010
PhaseWare is a leading Help Desk software for small to medium size businesses.
- Oversaw consulting projects including server recommendations and installations, firewall recommendations and backup solutions. Work directly with the President of PhaseWare to provide recommendations on infrastructure design and implementation; analyzed and made recommendations on product functionality, website design and various IT related projects.
- Chamberlain Performing Arts – working Board Member, Elected Board secretary. Implemented auction software, developed website for volunteer hours capture and website to purchase event tickets with savings for the non-profit.
- BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION IN BUSINESS COMPUTER INFORMATION SYSTEMS
- University of North Texas
CERTIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation version 3
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) Prep I & II – University of North Texas
- Performance Management Training – Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Leadership Training – Frontline
AWARDS AND ORGANIZATIONS
- Pacesetter Award – Oracle
- CIO Award – Oracle
- Leaders Choice Award – Oracle
- MVP of the IS Department – Skywire Software
- Computer Information Systems Organization – University of North Texas
- Phi Chi Theta Business Fraternity – University of North Texas
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scout Troop 865
- Installed various server technologies including Windows, Linux, Netware, MySQL, and
Microsoft SQL Server, and various server applications.