Analytical and solutions-oriented IT executive and business operations specialist with 25+ years of experience guiding teams through complex integrations to improve efficiency of state-of-the-art systems on time and under budget. A big-picture, high-concept driver with proven expertise improving business processes and breaking things down in a straightforward manner. Noted project management expertise, hands-on technical acumen and business analysis skills to define corporate objectives and project scope. Successfully bridges the communication gap among business and technology groups.
– IT Manager, Docucorp International
Jeff assumed the role of IT team lead in all company moves and handled each with skill and professionalism.
– Director of Human Resources, Docucorp International
Jeff is a great manager & very supportive of his teams career goals & overall success. I am confident he will be a tremendous asset to any organization.
– Senior Network Admin, Docucorp International
Jeff is a strong leader who communicates well across departments. His IT team was always streamlined and performed at an exceptional level.
– Human Resource colleague, Skywire Software (Docucorp)
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
STRATEGIC PLANNING Collaborated with senior leadership to identify long- term IT initiatives.
TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS Proven ability to construct effective technology solutions addressing diverse business complications.
EMPLOYEE MANAGEMENT Implemented new hiring procedures for the IT Department, increasing staff quality.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT Led multiple IT projects delivering all projects on time and under budget.
HARDWARE/SOFTWARE ANALYSIS Evaluated and recommended software and hardware upgrades focused on increasing productivity and system availability.
SECURITY AND FIREWALLS Managed firewall implementations delivering increased security for client data and intellectual property.
TOOLS/AUTOMATION Developed pilot database application to track monthly forecast against budget to increase the forecast accuracy.
DISASTER RECOVERY Designed and tested initial disaster recovery procedures for key systems, reducing downtime resulting from system failure.
Completed multiple M&A and IT integrations on schedule with minimal impact to the business. Coordinated infrastructure connectivity between companies with no disruption to current infrastructure. Led mail system integration between companies to one hosted mail system with minimal disruption to employee emails. Coordinated with Human Resource to maintain data integrity and security during personnel changes.
Saved Oracle (then Docucorp) $3M by completing data center upgrade and supervising operations including: replacing key servers in data center with more reliable hardware; implementing new policy regarding hardware requirements; upgrading core network infrastructure; evaluating Information Technology (IT) personnel.
MULTIPLE OFFICE RELOCATIONS AND EXPANSIONS
Attended regular construction meetings with general contractor to monitor project on 10 office relocations and 3 office expansions. Liaised with all project vendors. Organized move so production servers and communication links had minimal downtime.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Coordinated with outside audit firms to create new policies and procedures for Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) based on the Control Objectives for Information and related Technology (COBIT ) framework and implement within one year. Developed process for ITIL implementation.
EMAIL SYSTEMS STABILITY AND RELIABILITY
Led initiative to upgrade hardware on Exchange Servers. Acquired active monitoring system to send alerts when Exchange system became unstable. Increased e-mail system availability to 99% up-time. Implemented additional antivirus and spam filters, reducing virus outbreaks by 99% and spam by 75%.
IMPLEMENTATION OF NEW HELP DESK TRACKING SYSTEM
Researched several help desk systems and created proposal for implementation which eliminated multiple resources working on single task. Help desk system provided more accurate audits of workstations, eliminating unauthorized software installations which led to increased productivity.
Responsible for the Global IT Risk Management Budget and Forecast as the Business Operations Leader. Co-led the development, implementation and administration of internal financial applications for Operations Management with a team of seven. Provided counsel and assistance on related matters, and ensured the provision of appropriate financial information, procedures, and controls in support of day-to-day business decisions. Implemented improvement to financial processes in conjunction with the company ITIL process model.
25 years experience through Oracle’s acquisitions of Skywire, previously Docucorp.
SR. PRINCIPAL BUSINESS ANALYST /PRINCIPAL BUSINESS OPERATIONS SPECIALIST / SR. PROJECT MANAGER / IT DIRECTOR
Executed all Financial Management processes for the Global IT group, utilizing global multicultural business experience. Awarded MVP of IS Department for integration efforts. Consistently exceeded expectations reviews on all annual reviews going back to original hire date.
- Directly manage $8.3M ($1.8M capital) and indirectly manage a $361M budget ($67M capital).
- Exceeded budget expectations each quarter and improved forecasting accuracy and efficiency. Reaching these benchmarks has allowed reorganizations with streamlined approval process.
MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS
- Led post-acquisition integration of IT after the Oracle acquisition of Skywire; and-post acquisition integration of IT after Skywire Software acquired Docucorp International.
- Promoted to Associate IT Manager of Docucorp with relocation to Georgia after the merger of Image Sciences and Formmaker Software. Collaborated with Docucorp Sr. IT Manager during integration.
- Integrated mail with SAAS provider during merger and corporate restructuring.
- Coordinated with Human Resources on personnel changes during restructuring to maintain data security and integrity.
IT OPERATIONS + INFRASTRUCTURE MANAGEMENT
- Managed infrastructure organization and IT Staff at multiple locations responsible for IT Operations, including end user support, remote support, network, firewall and on-call support.
- Directed multiple hardware/software installs and upgrades resulting in improved network performance, server reliability, performance and capacity. Workstation upgrades numbered 50+/year, server upgrades 20+/year.
- Implemented multiple backup/recovery processes and systems across the company minimizing the risk of data loss; decreased the time to recover on key systems.
- Liaised with insurance and utility related clients to resolve issues.
- Led Migration to Microsoft Exchange Servers, resulting in increased mail capacity, and availability.
POLICIES, PROCEDURES + PROCESSES
- Recommended new process to validate charges against cost centers as a result of a performed audit, identifying $2M in budget overages.
- Developed tools to track forecast against budget for all of Global IT.
- Collaborated with Internal Business Partners, CIO and Global IT Senior Leadership on monthly, quarterly and ad hoc presentation of financial information to Oracle’s executive team.
- Developed and documented, with the IT Director, the Strategic Business Plan for Global IT at Docucorp.
- Developed processes during the ITIL implementation (ITIL Foundation Certified), including the Strategic Business Planning Process and the Financial Management Process. Assisted Process Manager with design, documentation and socialization for the Financial Management process, which included leading meetings to present the process to various departments. Implementation of the process increased transparency and reporting of IT Financials.
- Designed and implemented new policies and procedures for SOX Compliance for internal IT Controls. Implementation of these Internal Controls brought us into compliance with Federal Laws, as well as passed first SOX audit by an external audit firm.
- Developed and maintained high level business continuity plan, specifically for IT and all corporate servers, firewalls and routers. Developed, tested and documented procedures for each device; determined the priority of the servers to restore; developed a plan to bring servers online for both onsite and offsite locations.
University of North Texas
Certifications and Training
Certified SAFe 4 Agilist
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation version 3
Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) Prep I & II – University of North Texas
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) – Oracle
Performance Management Training – Haynes and Boone, LLP
Leadership Training – Frontline
Awards and Organizations
GIT Team Brilliance FY14 - Oracle
Global IT CIO Award FY13 FY17 - Oracle
Leaders Choice Award - Q3FY10 – Oracle
MVP of the IS Department – Skywire Software
Phi Chi Theta Business Fraternity – University of North Texas
Eagle Scout, Boy Scout Troop 865